Operators sign up for Mexico’s round 2.4 bidding process
10/31/2017 Offshore Magazine, Offshore Staff
MEXICO CITY – Twenty-five companies have asked the National Hydrocarbons Commission of Mexico (CNH) to sign up for the 4th invitation of the 2nd Round Bidding process and the PEMEX farmout for the Maximino-Nobilis deepwater block. The bid day will be Jan. 31, 2018.
Round 2.4 includes 30 deepwater blocks for exploration in the Perdido area, Salinas basin, Mexican mountain chains (Cordilleras Mexicanas) and the Yucatan platform, covering 70,844 sq km collectively (three times the area for Round 1.4), with prospective resources of approximately 4.228 Bboe, twice as much as the eight blocks awarded in Round 1.4).
Most of the blocks have an area of 2,000 sq km, while some cover 3,000 sq km and one block has an area of 4,400 sq km.
The companies that have signed up include:
* BHP Billiton Petróleo Operaciones de México, S. de R.L. de C.V.
* BP Exploration Mexico, S.A. de C.V.
* Capricorn Energy Mexico, S. de R.L. de C.V.
* Citla Energy E&P, S.A.P.I. de C.V.
* Chevron Energía de México, S. de R.L. de C.V.
* Deutche Erdoel México, S. de R.L. de C.V.
* ECP Hidrocarburos México, S.A. de C.V.
* ExxonMobil Exploración y Producción México, S. de R.L. de C.V.